[Freeswitch-users] schedule a DTMF tone into bridge

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Dec 12 22:39:21 PST 2008

Frank,

I found a simple way to handle this scenario. I decided just to create
a small Lua script that would do the job. It's committed in latest
trunk. Look in src/scripts/contrib/mcollins for uuid_send_dtmf.lua. It
has comments on how to call it, including a sample dp call.

The way I would use this in your scenario is to setup a destination
using the execute_on_answer variable.
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#execute_on_answer

Have the destination be an extension that does something like this:
<extension...>
  <condition...>
    <action application="answer"/>
    <action application="lua" data="uuid_send_dtmf ${uuid} 10 123"/>
    ...rest of diaplan...
  </condition>
</extension>

The 10 means ten seconds, the 123 means send the dtmf digits 1,2,3 in
order. You can tinker with the settings as you see fit.

Please let me know how it goes. BTW, be sure to put the Lua script in
/usr/local/freeswitch/scripts or specify the complete path name when
calling the lua app in the dialplan.

-MC