[Freeswitch-users] fifo.conf.xml usage

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Fri Dec 12 05:30:27 PST 2008

I'm happy to see that you can add consumers to queues using the fifo.conf.xml configuration file. I have made some tests and I hope it may lead to a more universal way of setting up queues for small organisations than the one I have described in the wiki, and which includes (too) many javascripts. I have some questions to clarify my understanding. Using the fifo.conf.xml, I find:
 - That the consumers continue to ring after the caller has abandoned the queue. Is there a way to avoid this?
Further:
 - Is there a way to control the caller_id_name/number presented to the consumer?
 - Is there a way to control the ringing tone in the consumers like the one which can be used in the dialplan?
 - Can the fifo.conf.xml refer to an ODBC connection in order to get the members from a database?
Finally, thanks for all the good work everybody in the FS community has put into FS, I truly believe in the possibilities of this product. Checking the hits on Google certainly indicates you moving into the right direction. /Jon