[Freeswitch-users] root privs for mod_fax

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Tue Dec 9 08:35:25 PST 2008

I'm running Gentoo Linux.

# uname -a

Linux 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Oct 5 01:51:24 PDT 2008 x86_64
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3320 @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

/tmp is writable by everyone ...

# ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt 4 root root 4096 Dec  9 08:28 /tmp

ideas?

also, I assume the spool directory is just where it's spooling the file
temporarily while the fax is coming in, but is there a variable I can
set to tell it where to put the file after the fax has been received? it
looks like the time I ran FS as root and received a fax successfully,
the tiff file ended up in /root ?

Gabe