[Freeswitch-users] Sending SIP calls via outbound proxy

Erick Johnson erick at junctionnetworks.com
Mon Dec 8 17:14:00 PST 2008

Hi There,

I'm trying to get freeswitch to originate all SIP calls through
an outbound proxy.  When I use the originate API command to create a call
to a telephone number I see the SIP packets getting to my proxy just fine.
However if I originate a call to a SIP address then proxy server is
bypassed,
instead FS is directly messaging the addressee.

Here is the command that I'm trying to use that behaves unexpectedly:
originate sofia/gateway/proxy/alice at bar.com &echo()

However this command produces the results I'm expecting:
originate sofia/gateway/proxy/15551234 &echo()

Here is the result of my sofia status:

freeswitch> sofia status
API CALL [sofia(status)] output:
                     Name          Type
Data      State
                 external       profile
sip:mod_sofia at X.X.X.X:5070      RUNNING (0)
                    proxy       gateway
sip:ejjohnson_ippx at ejjohnson.org      NOREG
1 profile 0 aliases

I have also tried setting the sip_invite_domain channel var through  the {}

Could you let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Much appreciated,

Erick J