[Freeswitch-users] How to force FS using the hosts entry in outgoing gateway calls

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Fri Dec 5 08:43:44 PST 2008

For the configuration of a gateway I need to use a specific proxy domain name before the server (Covergence SBC with a BroadWorks Application Server behind) accepts calls. The twist is that the right proxy name points the wrong IP-address (the voicemail server for the account). I have tried to overrule this by adding a host entry (Linux). When I ping to the domain name I get the right address (the one from the host table), but the FS uses the address from the DNS lookup, not the address from the host table. What can I do to force the FS using the entry from the host table? Thanks /Jon.