[Freeswitch-users] Event_Socket: How to determine the ogininater uuid before an outgoing call is set up?

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri Dec 5 03:54:54 PST 2008

I am building an IVR application where an incoming call is initiating an
outgoing call. When I pass a "variable_other_uuid" (the uuid of the
incoming channel) at originate time, I am able to reference to the
incomig call, once the outgoing call is set up. So the outgoing call can
see the uuid of the incoming call who has originated the outgoing call.
This is needed for bridging the 2 calls together.

However I want to control also the call setup process (see, if the
outgoing call is ringing etc.). At call setup time, when I parse the
channel_originate ,channel_outgoing and channel_progress events, I
cannot see any reference to the incoming call (variable_other_uuid is
not set). I suspect that variables are only passed once the outgoing
channel is set up.

Has anybody an idea, how I may get the uuid of the originating uuid in
the outgoing call at call setup?

Best regards
Peter