[Freeswitch-users] DTMF from cell phones

Jan Kubr jan.kubr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 03:08:24 PST 2008

Hi,
recently someone was mentioning an issue with DTMF here, but there was
no solution. I have a similar problem, when calling Freeswitch from my
cell phone (via a SIP provider), sometimes DTMF is not recognized
(read app doesn't terminate). I could not find any regularity in this,
sometimes it is recognized just fine, sometimes I had to wait for the
file to be played etc. The important thing to note is that when using
a SIP softphone (X-Lite) I have never had this problem, DTMF is
recognized perfectly. So it's probably related to GSM or something.

I was wondering whether anyone experienced the same and whether there
is something I can do about it. There are a few DTMF-related variables
in the config files (dtmf-duration, pass-rfc2833, rfc2833-pt,
dtmf-type, default_dtmf_duration, max_dtmf_duration) and I played with
them a bit, but I don't really know what I'm doing.. Couldn't find any
docs, either.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jan Kubr