[Freeswitch-users] Mod Fax: Error, problems and questions...

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:45:36 PST 2008

hi,

after we managed to setup fs with mod_fax and our socket outbound
script, we have some questioons about an error and problems, when
sending a fax:

1.) there is one error, we get always - no matter, if the fax was sent
successfully or not.
in the pastebin under http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/6338 you can see
the error in the last line.
this is the full log of a fax in fs console loglevel debug.

2.) fax works quite good. we couls send long faxes over a normal fax
machine without any problem.
but for fast testing we are using a softfax (fritz fax). here we have
some more problems.
mostly a fax with one page will pass through, but more pages will mostly fail.
because we are new to the fax thing, we do not really know, what the
messages tell us about failed faxes.
here are the top 3 messages (unordered and always one at a time -
nerver at once):

variable_fax_result_text => Received a DCN while waiting for a DIS

fax_result_text => The HDLC carrier did not stop in a timely manner

fax_result_text => Unexpected message received

could someone please tell us, where the problem might be?

thanks
dennis