[Freeswitch-users] CDR generated on maximum sessions reach

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 3 11:41:04 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Lachezar Valchev <
lachezar.valchev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I am new to the list and I hope I can find some help here, regarding an
> issue I am experiencing with the CDRs written by Freeswitch.
>
> The thing is, I am using the "max-sessions" and the "sessions-per-second"
> parameters in switch.conf.xml to limit the maximum number of simultaneous
> calls, I want to go through my Freeswitch server.
>
> These options are working well, but I was expecting to have CDRs generated
> for the calls, that are dropped when the limit is reached.
> Unfortunately there is no such one.
>
> My question is: Is there an option, which allows the generation of CDR,
> when a call is dropped, because the maximum sessions limit is reached?

This is not possible. A CDR cannot be generated without a session, and a
session will not be generated if the max sessions limit has already been
reached...

> If there is no such option, is there any way to achieve it? Probably by
> using the the mod_limit module? Can you, please tell me how to do it?

mod_limit is most definitely your best option at this point. If you haven't
read this yet please do:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit

In the example on that page, you have a "limit_exceeded" extension which
would show up in your CDR, or you can set a specific channel variable which
will magically show up in an XML CDR. (You can modify CSV CDRs to have any
custom channel variables as well. See
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Cdrwhich refers to the <templates>
section of
conf/autoload_configs/cdr_csv.conf.xml)

Try adding the limit app in your dialplan and have the limit_exceeded
extension as well. You could set the limit really low for the sake of
testing before setting it to the value necessary for your production
deployment.

Let us know how it goes.

-MC