[Freeswitch-users] TLS receiving calls

matrim ttroy50 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 05:09:57 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm having problems using TLS to receive calls.

I'm using a Nokia N95 to test TLS against freeswitch. I can register my
client against freeswitch and make outbound calls to the test numbers (e.g.
9999).

I can also make calls to other users registered over UDP.

However if I try to make a call to a user registered over TLS the leg of the
call to that user always goes via UDP.

e.g.

1000 registered via TLS
1001 registered via TLS
1002 registered via UDP
1003 registered via UDP

1000 -> 1002 works ok
1003 -> 1002 works ok

1001 -> 1000 Doesn't work. The leg of the call between freeswitch and 1000
tries to setup via UDP
1002 -> 1000 Doesn't work. The leg of the call between freeswitch and 1000
tries to setup via UDP

===

>From looking at some of the documentation it seems to me that the issue may
be with the "tls-bind-params" being "transport=tls".

The phone I'm using doesn't add the "transport=tls" parameter, and only uses
"sips:" to specify that the connection is via TLS.

I tried setting "tls-bind-params" to a blank string but it didn't change
anything. Is there any way to receive calls over TLS if you don't specify
"transport=tls" in your contact string during registration?

According to RFC3261 the use of the "transport=tls" parameter isn't
recommended anymore and is now deprecated.