[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 28 16:55:49 PDT 2008

This is all architecture decisions that really anyone here can only
give you input.. but in the end you'll have to make that decision
yourself.

Do you have to use OpenSER with FreeSWITCH?  No!

OpenSER does help with scaling large deployments.

I know a few people that are just deploying FreeSWITCH alone without
OpenSER but thats their decision.

/b

On Aug 28, 2008, at 10:06 AM, Sunil Singh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie in this list and I am finding openser a lot along with
> freeswitch and asterisk.
>
> First what is the use of openser with free switch/asterisk, is it
> required with free switch if yes in what kind of environment.
>
> It helps in scaling the solution or if natting than its not clear.
> The purpose is not clear.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Sunil

Brian West