[Freeswitch-users] How to save RTP audiostream data to a file?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Aug 28 06:02:31 PDT 2008

On Aug 28, 2008, at 5:15 AM, ??????? ??????? wrote:

> 1.With which application and API is possible to keep full content of
> RTP audiostream? Our FreeSWITCH is configured in such manner that
> RTP-traffic directing throw FreeSWITCH, but not between UAs.

The default behavior is for the audio to flow through FreeSWITCH.  If
you would like audio to go direct between endpoints then set the
channel variable bypass_media to true in the dialplan prior to your
bridge application.

> 2. Which audioformat is better to use, if we wish to make format's
> transformation using, for example speex ?

Each codec has it's positives and its negatives, for best quality you
can use g.711 maybe, it depends on what you mean as "best"

Mike