[Freeswitch-users] HA clustering solution?

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Thu Aug 28 00:25:01 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I would like to join the choir of Tom Warren: HA with state
synchronisation would not just be a killer, it will pave the road for
the FreeSWITH all the way to the entrance of the Telco's.

As a former co-owner of a hosted PBX Telco, I would like to share my
experience about customers: They do accept a disconnection as long as it
does not happen "often", and as long as the call can be re-established
right after the disconnection. The period of "often" depends on the type
of customer, and it ranges from 1 month to 12 months. Mind you,
customers are used to the quality of mobile phones.

Therefore, I suggest that focus is put on making the core stable and
scalable as the first priority, and, as the second HA-priority, to
create the means required to ensure uninterrupted calls during 'hiccups'
in the box having the call.

Jon Bruel

Consiglia Telecommunications
Denmark