[Freeswitch-users] SIP registration fails with multi-ip domain names

Unai Uribarri unaiur at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 02:07:15 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to register freeswitch 1.0.1 to connectionserver2.12voip.com.
This domain name has three IPs which are rotated every 600 seconds:

194.221.62.197
80.239.235.192
194.120.0.196

If I configure the gateway using one of those IPs, the registration succeed.
If I configure the gateway using the domain name, the registration fails.
Using wireshark, I can see that the first registration request is sent to
the fist IP and returns an authentication challenge. The problem is that the
challenge response is sent to the second IP, that doesn't recognize the
challenge as valid and returns another one. Then the registration fails.

Is this bug known? Is there any workarround to configure backup gateways
that only are used if the primary gateway fails? This provider doesn't allow
multiple registrations.

Thanks.