[Freeswitch-users] HA clustering solution?

James Green james.green at stealthnet.net
Wed Aug 27 05:46:35 PDT 2008

Łukasz Zwierko wrote:
> OSPF what? What I am talking about was to have TWO FS machines runnig
> in active- standby mode, without having this configuration displayed
> to users. Simplest solution for that is having the same virtual IP on
> both boxes, and directing the traffic to only one of them. OSPF can
> help with that, still it's not all that is to it. you're going to need
> heartbeat info, not just link state. I admit the 2 boxes-on one switch
> is not the best idea, still some means of failure detections,
> triggering routing changes are vital.

A software monitor on each host could detect faults and ifdown the
interface, removing that host from the available cluster.

That said, there is no provision to "activate" the new active host in
this scenario for the purposes of catching any state information. The
new active host would simply start seeing traffic on the previously
[near] idle interface. Less than ideal, again.

> In the solution that i've seen, only session's in stable state
> remained active after active-standby switch.

You have managed to get to this point? Be interested in any details.

It might be nice to have a mechanism to serialise and database module
states, however it may prove fragile.

James