[Freeswitch-users] Project "Commercial PBX using FreeSWITCH", question 2

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Mon Aug 25 12:44:44 PDT 2008

I have a dream, said M. L. King.

And so do I: To create a commercial alternative to Avaya, Cisco BroadSoft and others based on open source components.

At this stage, I'm investigating different possibilities including the FreeSWITCH platform before a prospect is with the aim of raising 2-5 mio. USD for the initial steps to create ready-to-go-IP-PBX-package for big enterprises and telcos.

I have a number of questions regarding the possibilities of the FreeSWITCH, and I have chosen to use this community to share the questions.

Question 2:

What are the possibilities to establish carrier grade system using the FreeSWITCH?

In practice this requirement will need a setup, where there is a redundant server, which takes over, if the prime server fails, including all the management software which reacts correctly on failure signals from the prime server!

Thanks

Jon

Consiglia Telecommunications
Hulsøvang 16