[Freeswitch-users] Did the call connect?

James Green james.green at stealthnet.net
Tue Aug 19 06:36:56 PDT 2008

Taking the following code:

new_session.originate(session, dialout);
new_session.waitForAnswer(20000);

At this point either the call connected or we timed out.

I expected to be able to use new_session.ready() to determine if the
call successfully answered but this also returns true if the call timed
out. The circumstances in which it will return false are not documented
on the wiki.

session.ready() is apparently not a function.

So how does one check that the originate() ended up with a connected call?

Thanks again,

James