[Freeswitch-users] Video conferencing in freeswitch

Wed Aug 13 21:27:05 PDT 2008

Thanks Anthony,  I'd really like to help... just need to figure out
what exactly to implement to make it nice.....

I could write a packetizer and video capture piece.... but I'd much
rather stand on the work of VLC.
They've already got a solution for creating a RTP video stream for
publishing the data....and a decoder/viewer piece as well.
(cross platform too)

I'm not sure the best way to implement it, but first I'd like to
simply have the conference forward the video VLC RTP streams of the
connected users.
Maybe add functionality in the conference...and possibly pa to accommodate this.

For the pa module, allow the user to set a remote RTP video address
for publication to video conferences.
Then the conference would have to get these RTP addresses and publish
them to the other users.

Another module could be written to watch for these addresses as they
are published and spawn VLC viewing sessions.
(crude, but it would work....maybe also in pa?)

This of course would mean all video traffic would be out of
band....and handled entirely by VLC.
Maybe there would be a way for freeswitch to read from the VLC RTP
stream and integrate that RTP stream into the RTP stream existing.

Thoughts anyways.

--Dave
http://dave.thehorners.com/