[Freeswitch-users] How we can control calls using Java

Adeel Ansari adeel.gnome at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:12:53 PDT 2008

Presently, I am trying to make a call using Java. Now, a little of my
background. I have never used Asterisk before. Just used Brekeke PBX and SIP
Server.

That goes as, develop a webservice client and initiate the call. The
method/function accepts argument user-agent, caller/sender (Registered on
SIPServer), callee/recepient array(Hardphones). Then, caller would call
first callee and then the second and then bridge the session. It was quite
straight.

Here I am finding it difficult to understand, I mean where to start from.
Actually, I don't know what class, which methods are exposed for XML-RPC or
through any web service.

Right now, I am using Java Program as hook. I am making a call using
Twinkle(SIP Client). Then in my program I am trying to originate a new
session and then bridge. But I am getting
*
[ERR] mod_sofia.c:1946 sofia_outgoing_channel() Invalid Profile*

on

*session.originate(newSession1, "sofia/sip/
901160176905074 at proxy01.sipphone.com");*

Any hint. Please guide me. Am I going in the right direction? Whats missing?
Where to define phone no.? In my case its in the sip URL.

Thanks.