[Freeswitch-users] Video conferencing in freeswitch

Thu Aug 7 20:33:35 PDT 2008

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking about how to get video conferencing going with freeswitch.
When I first started, I was thinking about developing a video capture
module for freeswitch....though then I'd have to write custom RTP
packetizer/depacketizer...

VLC already provides network RTP streams of video data....like
webcams.  I hear that the freeswitch conference currently supports
video sip clients now, however, I don't yet own one to test with.

Could someone leverage the current features in freeswitch to use a VLC
network RTP stream?

I guess the thing that is missing is something to broadcast the video
stream urls to each of the conference participants and start the vlc
streaming/viewing automatically.

Anyways, just thoughts....

--Dave
http://dave.thehorners.com/