[Freeswitch-users] Comparison matirx

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 13:04:55 PDT 2008

As Anthony and MikeJ suggested, first, one has to define the "job" and
then compare the projects how they perform. Softswitch might be
something very blurred. In the initial matrix are included applications
that never claimed to be softswitch.

Those metrics can be used to any project and they define more the
environment. Apart of IM&P and LDAP, the rest are just general metrics.
Their relevance is important but won't conclude which is the best app to
be used as SBC, for example.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 08/03/08 19:28, Simon Shaw wrote:

> I agree with you that it would be nice build a matrix for all these
> projects, however for the first stage I am trying to build a list of
> parameters to compare, which could then be used by anybody to compare
> and contrast whatever projects they see fit.  While it would be nice
> to compare every possible feature, I doubt that it would be possible
> to build such a matrix due to the constant expansion of the feature
> set for each project, not to mention the features that are similar but
> don't do exactly the same between the projects.
>
> What I would like to achieve with this list of parameters is a
> methodology that could be used by anybody to make a decision as to
> which project is the right one for them to jump into.  The result will
> presumably be different depending on where you want to go in the long run.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com