[Freeswitch-users] Comparison matirx

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 17:36:23 PDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Simon Shaw <sshaw at interwise.com> wrote:
> I have built a comparison matrix that will enable me to compare the leading
> Open Source soft switches.
>
> In the attached spread sheet there is a first suggestion of what I think
> should be compared and relevant weightings and I would be glad to hear your
> feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Hi Simon,

Looks like a good idea to me even though you're going to need to be an
expert in each product to be able to fill it in and the experts in
this case tend to be a bit biased :).

One suggestion I'd have for another row is "Security Fix Rate". For
example while the Asterisk community's approach to handling security
releases is commendable the rate at which they happen is a real pain
when you have to potentially upgrade a production system for each one.
Although the pain comes from having to worry about whether the version
of Asterisk that you need to upgrade to will be one of the stable or
dud versions!

Regards,

Greyman.