[Freeswitch-users] A small question about Freeswitch security

Krzysiek cris7 at o2.pl
Sat Apr 26 02:49:43 PDT 2008

Hi once again :)

I have a small question, because I don't know whether I understand Freeswitch security things correctly...

If uncomment this line in the configs:
<param name="Inbound-no-media" value="true">
and enable SRTP encryption (key via SDES or MIKEY) in phones, will I have to have support for those SDES or MIKEY in Freeswitch ?
I thnik that sdp messages within sip will be passed through Freeswitch unchanged and i don't have to have support for those in Freeswitch and the call will be secure.

I'm writing about private network, where calls are routed only between endpoionts in this private network.

It is a theoretical question and I know that Freeswitch doesn't have MIKEY support.

sorry for my english, I hope you understand me.
Chris