[Freeswitch-users] newbie dialplan question

Daniel Hefti dhefti at metropark.com
Thu Apr 17 07:57:18 PDT 2008

I have noticed this, too.  I can open up ekiga on the machine FS is installed on, and it can accept calls, but, if I remember correctly, FS doesn't show that the call is being routed, meaning ekiga is just accepting all the calls itself.

What I also found, in relation to this, is that if you have another sip contact outside the FS box, and you try to call them with a sip client also outside the FS box, then the client that is running on the FS box (in my case, Ekiga) will accept the calls that are supposed to be for other users.

So, basically, I don't think you can have a client on the same machine as FS.  I suppose that is to be expected, as a sip client is also a server.  Am I right?

A related problem I have is if you have multiple sip accounts on the same machine (registering from the same ip address), they can't call each other.  It may stem from the problem above, but it may not.

I'm also a quite a newbie in FS, so hopefully we can figure out how to do these things.  I would gladly add the answer to the wiki for others if there's something specific we need to do to do these kind of things.

-Dan