[Freeswitch-users] New feature - NAT handling, keep-alive OPTIONS

Jonathan Palley jpalley at idapted.com
Tue Apr 15 19:55:09 PDT 2008

Kokoska -
   A few changes/fixes for the OPTIONS keep alive were recently made
by Anthm.

A new option for the UAC (which, as previously mentioned can either
go in the directory or the sip profile config) is:

     <param   name="unregister-on-options-fail"   value="true"/>

This will set a UAC to expire should the options requests timeout/
fail.  There were also a few bugs that were fixed.  For example, the
OPTIONS were sent to clients whose registrations had already expired
(fixed) and the SIP OPTIONS request wasn't completely formatted
correctly (fixed).  Update and see if this helps you.

What is the advantage of setting the periodicity of the NAT keep
alive?  I'm not sure I see it very clearly.

Also, while in principle the %NATHACK% is an expensive operation I
wonder just how many UAC you need to have registered before it really
becomes a factor?

JP