[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and Openser

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:00:19 PDT 2008

Hi,

The application is a IP-PBX with incoming calls through T1 and VOIP
carriers.  Asterisk will be used for Voicemail and IVR.  I have written some
AGI script to route calls based on user preference which is stored in the
database.  Users may connect through softphone or call in through PSTN.  For
example, a call comes in and depends on time/callerid/date, Asterisk will
determine whether the call should be forwarded out, going to voicemail, etc.
For the purpose of SIP registering, I am thinking about using
Openser/Freeswitch, whichever is more appropriate.  If Freeswitch is more
like a switch, should I be using it to replace Openser or part of the
routing that is done by Asterisk?

Thanks alot for your inputs.

Pete