[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_curl and user directory

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 05:26:31 PDT 2008

Hi Jonas,
> som phones have different fields for auth username and username.
>
> Freeswitch sends the auth-username when requesting the directory, but
> then registers the user using the regular username.
> For me this is a problem, since I generate dialplans dynamically in my
> app using the info sent in the fetch directory request.

There's two config options which provide alternative solutions:

In a PABX environment, an authenticated user can specify that they are
at an arbitrary extension. This behaviour can be restricted in two ways.

To force a user to use a specified extension, add

  <variable name="sip-force-user" value="<extension>">

to that user's directory entry.

Alternatively, to check that users authenticate with the same username
as that in their contact field for an entire profile, add

  <variable name="inbound-reg-force-matching-username" value="true">

to that profile's definition.

The problem I had (which led to these) was that it's pretty much
essential in a PABX environment to have a degree of control over both
username and auth-username - consider two users who both decide that
they'd like to use '1000' as their username.

Cheers --

Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031