[Freeswitch-users] .NET Interaction

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sun Apr 6 19:33:27 PDT 2008

Hi Christian,

I'd do it differently: I'm afraid that's one of the things about FS,
that there's often no
single right way of doing something.

CDRs - I'd use mod_xml_cdr to write them to files, and then have
something pull the files
from the directory and deal with them.  You're a bit more fault-tolerant
that way than with
Jonas' suggestion.  Let me know if you'd like a bit of Perl which pulls
them from the directory
and stashes them in a database - modifying it to post them to a web
server is trivial.

And the script itself - I'd write it in Perl and attach it to
FreeSWITCH's event socket
interface, possibly using a socket-based (HTTP?) interface to query your
SQL server
via a bit of C#, given the constraints that you've specified.  DO NOT use
FreeSWITCH::Client.pm as a basis for the script; it's crashed
periodically in not terribly
heavy use.  Again, let me know if you want a framework that does all the
FS-specific
bits: it's pretty alpha, but we're using it in production.

Hope this helps more than it confuses ;-)

Cheers --

Dave

> Those are great suggestions! Thanks!
>
> Any idea on how best to initiate leg A?
>
> Christian
>
> On Apr 6, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Jonas Gauffin wrote:
>

>> I would use mod_xml_curl to query your C# server after a dialplan for
>> each call. Then you can create dialplan actions that answers, says the
>> balance and then bridge to the destination. Or you can create a small
>> javascript that answers, uses curl to fetch balance from a http server
>> (or use the socket module, or odbc to query the db directly) and then
>> bridge the call to the destination.
>>
>> As for CDR I would recommend the mod_cdr_xml module which sends CDR
>> XML to a http server. I'm also coding a ODBC CDR module, but I havent
>> had time to finish it :(
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 9:02 AM, Christian Jensen
>> <christian at verbx.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am looking for a little guidance. We have built our system around
>>> Asterisk and now we are looking to FreeSwitch to see if it will do
>>> what we need. I am confident that it can, but I need a tiny bit of
>>> pointing in the right direction.
>>>
>>> That said, here is what we do now:
>>>
>>> We do what we call Three Party Calling (call leg A, announce their
>>> minute balance, call leg B, bridge)
>>>
>>> Pretty easy to do really.
>>>
>>> The part I need help with is how we can get the balance to be
>>> announced as that data is contained in our SQL server database.
>>> Ideally, this data would come from the database but by way of C#. We
>>> also would like to get FreeSwitch to tell us the CDR data, http is
>>> fine if need be.
>>>
>>> I know #freeswitch is available, but I thought I would ask here
>>> first.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Christian

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 3002 7257  M: 001 415 630 3031
http://www.3c.co.uk