[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Sep 20 07:40:50 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Jonas Gauffin <jonas.gauffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can they add/improve documentation if they can't understand how things
> work?
> What they can do is to tell us what they don't understand or if they
> are missing something.
>
> But how should they do that? And do they know that they can give us
> feedback?

You bring up the point I was trying to get to come out.  How can they update
a wiki page if htey dont understand the wiki system?   Further if they do
understand it, but dont understand the FreeSWITCH[tm] specific parts, how
can they add/improve?  Well that is easy, they can do what has been done
over the last year, and say 'huh?' or even more verbose comments inline with
the parts that dont make sense.

There is another alternative, and that would be a mailing list, which can be
used in addition, there can be an irc channel, which can also exist in
parallel.  There are a lot of options.

I know perosnally I wont check a tertiary page for requests/comments because
I do stuff on the wiki ninja style, just get in and get out.  If I see
something that isnt there (probably because I was looking for it) I add it.
I am unsure how many people will semi-regularly check tertiary pages for
comments either, given the fact that the 40 pages that are missing have been
on the main documentation page for months I think that few who edit things
do.  There were a couple pages that others did, a few that I did, but most
dont seem to look there for an easy list of what needs to be done.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200