[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Sep 20 07:06:57 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, Jonas Gauffin <jonas.gauffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not talking about if people can or can't edit the pages.
>
> I'm talking about users that want to find or read documentation (not
> contribute). For instance: New users.

Ahh you kept saying people who 'cant' which led me to believe you were
talking about people who cant as opposed to wont.  If they wont add, why
would they add  to something else?   So I am still confused why there needs
to be a "second class" documenter.  Those that request others do things for
themselves that they wont.

What I want is a way for those users to give us that feedback. They
> can, as you say, edit the  pages and add their questions / suggestions
> directly in the page. But what will a page look like if 20 users have
> added questions / suggestions for improvement on it?

when the improvements are done those questions wont be there.  Its been done
on other pages where people didnt understand something, and it seems to work
well since that highlights the exact area that caused confusion.  I think it
works a bit better infact since I generally dont click on every link in a
page just to see if anyone is using the talk pages or some tertiary page to
see if anyone has requested something.  A request for missing documentation
can be made by linking to a non-existant page.  That I do check since its
part of the output of my pdf generation script.

> There are a section on the first page called "Community and Support"
> on the first page which tells the user how to get help. Maybe there
> should also be a section called "How to give feedback" too?

feel free to add to that page, as you have said in the past you have created
documentation so you do understand how to use the wiki system, and can do
some of these things.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200