[Freeswitch-users] Should I choose FreeSwitch?

Lucia Rotger lrotger at aircomp.aero
Wed Sep 19 04:15:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

Does that mean the phones must be configured to try ASterisk first, and if
they don't succeed then try to reach a SIP VoIP provider like those in
that list?

If I understood you correctly, how do I know if a particular SIP phone can
do that? or do I insert a SIP proxy between the phones and Asterisk and
when Asterisk becomes unreachable the proxy connects the phones elsewhere?
I'm assuming a SIP proxy works like a web proxy?

Regards,
Lucia