[Freeswitch-users] Compile error, switch_swig.c

tuhl at ix.netcom.com tuhl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 30 10:20:12 PDT 2007

Hi, I'm in the process of updating freeswitch on a Linux server and
found this compile error. The list of commands I used to get the
source and compile, is at the end of the email.

making all mod_perl
Compiling perlxsi.c...
Compiling mod_perl.c...
Creating mod_perl.so...
../../../switch_swig.c: In function ?fs_core_init?:
../../../switch_swig.c:58: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of
?switch_core_init?
../../../switch_swig.c:58: error: too few arguments to function
?switch_core_init?

Analysis: In switch_swig.c, switch_core_init is being called on line
58 with 2 args:
     status = switch_core_init(path, &err);

But the function definition in switch_core.c has 3 args:
SWITCH_DECLARE(switch_status_t) switch_core_init(const char *console,
switch_core_flag_t flags, const char **err)

I'm pretty sure I've gotten the latest of everything. Here's what I doing:
cd /usr/src
svn checkout
<http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk>http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk
freeswitch   - this got revision 6087 yesterday
cd freeswitch
./bootstrap.sh
export CFLAGS="-g -ggdb"
export MOD_CFLAGS="-g -ggdb"