[Freeswitch-users] getting started

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:13:38 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I'm trying freeswitch for the first time and I have a couple of questions:

I have a SIP account from a provider that I use to make calls to cell
phones and other, how can I use from freeswitch? Do I need to put the
configurations (domain/user/password/proxy etc) in sofia.conf.xml or
directory.xml and what's the difference?

Once I get that configured, how can I transfer calls that are received
to other numbers?

When I use the console, I get plenty of messages such as:
nta_agent: received garbage from udp/212.27.52.5:5060/sip
is there a way to stop that? (it happened after I added my sip account
to sofia.conf.xml)

Is there a gui or someething to configure freeswitch?

thanx in advance

Pat