[Freeswitch-users] Commercial Installations

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Oct 12 14:17:58 PDT 2007

On 10/12/07, jonathan augenstine <jaugenstine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any additional data available on load capacity for Freeswitch.  I
> am assisting in the development of an IVR platform for a CLEC.  They have
> not decided on a platform and I have suggested Freeswitch.  They want me to
> evaluate and compare with some other options.  I do not have commercial
> launch experience with Freeswitch and I would like to stay with an open
> source platform.  I have launched services on Asterisk and have already
> recommended against using that as their platform.  I do have the information
> from the FAQ, but it would be helpful to have additional data on load and
> scalability.  Any help would be appreciated.

There is no quantitive test, while there are anecdotal tests of its
capacity, that is largely affected by exactly what you want to do.

In general if memory serves it takes 1GHz to do 300 playbacks or 600 bridges
with media (I may have those backwards) via sip.  This will not be a linear
progression however.  As for scalibility, that too varies with how you are
going to do that, if you want really high end, freeswitch does run on
telcobridges.com's gear, which is of the caliber that most expect to see and
have in a proper phone company.

Afaik there arent tests on TDM connectivity, at least nothing that is making
the rounds as much as the sip tests.

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200