[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan XML/PCRE Question: Examples 3, 4, 5 from wiki, escaped parens?

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Thu Oct 4 11:25:27 PDT 2007

> what part?  Because the ip example should be.  This ^00\(.+\)$ I
> think should be ^00(.+)$
>
> /b

Brian, that's what I was talking about, the one for the destination
number that's a series of digits, not a dotted quad IP address.

It could be ^00(.+)$ to match absolutely any characters following the
leading double-zeroes, or it could be ^00(\d+)$ to match only digits
after the leading double-zeroes.  I suppose it depends on whether the
dialplan is anticipating non-numerics in the destination number.

I'll update the wiki with non-escaped parens and I'll make a note of the
difference between matching (\d+) and (.+) in the dialplan.

-MC