[Freeswitch-users] mem leak and core dump

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Mon Nov 19 06:47:55 PST 2007

On 11/19/07, Freeswitch Freeswitch <freeswitch at 2ride.com> wrote:

> Hello Freeswitch'rs,
>
> I recently began using the latest freeswitch beta code as a pure B2BUA for
> the purpose of topology hiding of IP - PSTN calls.

running env:
> Linux b2bua 2.6.18 #6 SMP Thu Nov 16 10:35:45 EST 2006 i686 Intel(R)
> Xeon(R) CPU            5140  @ 2.33GHz GNU/Linux
> Freeswitch version: FreeSwitch Version 1.0.pre1 (6220M)
>
> The modules I am using are 711 and 729 codecs, sip, directory, xml_rpc,
> cdr, xml_cdr, console and syslog.
>
> I am seeing what appears to be a memory leak.  Consumed memory continues
> to drop linearly based on number of calls.
> Also had one core dump.

Can you provide details of the call scenarios you are testing, call rates,
number of concurrent calls and any other details?

What can I do to help troubleshoot these issues?

> Today I plan to stop using the CDR, rpc and logging modules to see if it
> makes a difference.

We have tested quite heavily with mod_console running, that should not be an
issue.

Also considering running on one of my fedora core 7 boxes instead of gentoo,
> again to see if anything changes.

We have had repeated issues with gentoo due to patches made either to gcc or
to libc or the kernel.  It is the only os/distro that I highly suggest never
using.

Mike