[Freeswitch-users] Attention all FreeSWITCH users BETA release this week.

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 17:35:42 PDT 2007

Hi,

  I would like to announce that FreeSWITCH will be entering

into a BETA status within the week so we can produce a series of
release candidates which will ultimately produce a formal release by
the end of the summer or sooner if possible.

Our software is growing rapidly and we've come a long way from our
modest initial public release in January of 2006. I hope everyone
enjoys the opportunity to participate in the development process which
is one of the best benefits of open source software in my opinion. Not
only do we have a few finishing touches to put on the code, we also
have to institute a version policy, make sure the WIKI is accurate and,
of course, find all the bugs so we can focus our energy on forward
development and stay away from nasty unresolved bugs.

In order to make the debugging process successful we ask that everyone use our jira tracker for all bug reports http://jira.freeswitch.org,
feature requests, or feature contributions. We are glad to help but
it's beginning to be more than we can handle in real-time so we really
need to document issues on the tracker so we won't forget!

We also ask anyone who receives help to please pay it forward and document it on the WIKI http://wiki.freeswitch.org.
There are plenty of logistical and clerical necessities to make
FreeSWITCH a success so anyone who is interested in helping out by
being a bug marshal or managing the svn for one of the modules or any
way you think you can help, please mail the dev list http://lists.freeswitch.org
or visit us on IRC. Please also feel free to start a new page on the
wiki with your irc nick and your paypal address or wishlist urls so
when you help someone they can show their gratitude properly.

Thank you all for participating and making FreeSWITCH a fun project!

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm