[Freeswitch-users] Jitter problems

Ivan C Myrvold ivan at myrvold.org
Sun May 6 04:11:54 PDT 2007

I am trying to get Freeswitch to work with my SIP provider, IP24, but
I always get very bad sound in one direction.
I made a wireshark trace, and looked at the jitter graph it produced.

I made an incoming call from my mobile phone to Freeswitch via SIP
provider IP24, PCMA codec:

1. http://www.myrvold.org/freeswitch/me2ip24.jpg , from freeswitch->ip24
2. http://www.myrvold.org/freeswitch/ip242me.jpg , from ip24->freeswitch

There is a big difference in jitter between the two graphs, and the
speech quality is very bad ip24->freeswitch (2).

What can I do to fix the speech quality?
Asterisk and OpenPBX (CallWeaver) have both excellent audio quality
in calls through my SIP provider IP24.

Here is a voip graph of the SIP call: http://www.myrvold.org/
freeswitch/graph.jpg

Ivan