[Freeswitch-users] PRI cards

Mark Crane mctch at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 21:21:06 PDT 2007

Question: is
There any scenario out there where people stuck with
non-Sangoma telephony cards can use them with
Freeswitch?

The GPL has a clause in it that makes it incompatible
to the MPL. It is the clause that makes the GPL viral
in nature when code is distributed with GPL code in
it. Then that code must also be GPL. I applaud the
FreeSwitch developers licensing this project under the
MPL rather than the more restrictive GPL.

Your Options:
1. This one has already been mentioned... You could
hire someone to add the compatibility for you.

2. Install your card in an asterisk machine and setup
some SIP trunks that you can use with FreeSwitch.

3. Sell your card on Ebay and buy a card such as
Sangoma that is already compatible with FreeSwitch.

4. Convince your card manufacturer to make drivers for
FreeSwitch.

Option 2 and 3 are likely faster, easier, and cheaper.

Mark