[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch?

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 18:43:35 PDT 2007

I am an Asterisk user but I hate the monolithic design.  I would like
to know more about the Freeswitch design and roadmap.  I know that it
is basically a lower level yet modular system.  I have read the FAQ
and wiki.

I basically want to know what will it take to put together a
Freeswitch system that:

1.  Routes calls from my SIP extensions to either a SIP service
provider (like Broadvoice) AND an PSTN provider (like Veriizon)
2.  Has a voicemail system
3. Has dial and Caller ID rules for dialing (dial plan), answering,
etc...

Are these components in place yet?  If not, will they be soon?  Are
there other open source packages that interoperate w/Freeswitch to
accomplish the above?