[Freeswitch-users] snds directory tree is where?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sun Mar 4 09:45:51 PST 2007

[mailto:freeswitch-
> users-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] On Behalf Of Jonas Gauffin
> Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 12:27 PM
> To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
> Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] snds directory tree is where?
>
> > For
> > example, if we have a package for the "core library" and for the
main
> > executable, and for each individual codec, and for sounds, and then
have
> > a package that includes no software at all, called for example,
> > Freeswitch-ivr-server, that would include all of the modules
required
> > for this kind of functionality?  We need some input on this.  Ideas
> > the list appreciated.
> >

> The latter is the best option imho. Since FreeSwitch lacks in the
> documentation area (I will help here as soon as I have learned
> freeswitch pretty well), it would be really nice to have some
> different pre-configured packages like FreeSwitch User Agent,
> FreeSwitch PBX, FreeSwitch IVR system etc. Getting a basic running
> quite easy should be important since many regular users are impatient
> (and leave the project) if they can't get it running directly.

Thanks for the input on this.  If someone wants to start out on the wiki
some examples of the configurations they would like to see and what
modules they would include, that would give us a head start.  Also, if
we take this approach, we can do a bit to have different custom
configuration file sets for each of these.  Another thing roughly along
the same lines I would like to figure out is how we will handle changes
in the sample configuration files, in situations where you are upgrading
a previous installation.  If we ship packages with sample configurations
that make use of the configuration file includes, it may be a bit
easier, but we are still left with issues for example if a new option is
added to the sofia.conf configuration file, we need some methods to
notify the user upon upgrade what those changes are, so that they can
manually make any necessary changes.  For example, in the current
sofia.conf.xml file we have as a sample in tree, we have no mention
whatsoever of the ext-sip-ip parameter.  This will need to be added.  On
an upgrade, if someone has a modified version of this file in their
installed configuration files, how do we go about either making those
modifications automatically, or just properly notifying of the changes?

Mike