[Freeswitch-users] snds directory tree is where?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sun Mar 4 09:02:17 PST 2007

We currently have no official sounds distribution, just a layout of the
tree needed for those sounds.  This goes along with the fact that we
have very minimal sound file names hard-coded in the source tree, as
most are configurable.  I think the only exception to this is the base
sound file names that come out of the say modules.  To make sure we have
very clear rights to distribute, we should probably have a set of sounds
recorded for us as samples.  It would probably be distributed as a
separate tarball.

This topic brings up a very good question that we are working on
resolving right now, so I will open it up to the list.  What would you
like a distribution of FreeSWITCH(tm) to look like and what should it
include?  For example, should a distribution include lots of individual
packages for the core, each individual module, etc. and then small
packages that just define sets of functionality and dependencies?  For
example, if we have a package for the "core library" and for the main
executable, and for each individual codec, and for sounds, and then have
a package that includes no software at all, called for example,
Freeswitch-ivr-server, that would include all of the modules required
for this kind of functionality?  We need some input on this.  Ideas to
the list appreciated.

Thanks
Mike