[Freeswitch-users] Event socket outbound

Ivan C Myrvold ivan at myrvold.org
Tue Jul 10 06:48:51 PDT 2007

I am using event socket outbound to answer inbound calls to my local
extensions. This works fine, except for one thing: The caller can not
hear the alerting tone. When the called user answers, both have
normal audio.

Here are the exchange of event socket messages:

Freeswitch                             My application

|  ---------------------------------------------------> |

|  <------------------connect---------------------- |

|  ------------------connect header------------> |

|  <------------------myevents-------------------- |

|  <----------------sendmsg bridge *----------- |

* "sendmsg\ncall-command: execute\nexecute-app-name: bridge\nexecute-
app-arg: sofia/imyrvold.dyndns.org/110%192.168.207.203\n\n"

If I do a bridge in default_context.xml, not using the outbound event
socket, the caller hears the alerting tone just fine.
I compared the events of the two cases, and the difference occur at
the below line 6, where on the outbound socket first have a channel
answer event and then a channel park event. That is probably why no
alerting tone is heard.

Normal call bridged via default_context.xml:
1. Channel-State CS_NEW, Event-Name CHANNEL_CREATE
2. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
3. Channel-State CS_RING, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
4. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
5. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_EXECUTE
6. Channel-State CS_NEW, Event-Name CHANNEL_CREATE
7. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
8. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_OUTGOING
9. Channel-State CS_RING, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
10. Channel-State CS_HOLD, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
11. Channel-State CS_HOLD, Event-Name CHANNEL_ANSWER
12. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_ANSWER
13. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_BRIDGE
14. Channel-State CS_LOOPBACK, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE

Call via event socket outbound:
1. Channel-State CS_NEW, Event-Name CHANNEL_CREATE
2. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
3. Channel-State CS_RING, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
4. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
5. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_EXECUTE
6. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_ANSWER
7. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE Event-Name CHANNEL_PARK
8. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE Event-Name CHANNEL_EXECUTE
9. Channel-State CS_NEW, Event-Name CHANNEL_CREATE
10. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
11. Channel-State CS_INIT, Event-Name CHANNEL_OUTGOING
12. Channel-State CS_RING, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
13. Channel-State CS_HOLD, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE
14. Channel-State CS_HOLD, Event-Name CHANNEL_ANSWER
15. Channel-State CS_EXECUTE, Event-Name CHANNEL_BRIDGE
16. Channel-State CS_LOOPBACK, Event-Name CHANNEL_STATE

The full event list of the two cases are at http://
pastebin.freeswitch.org/3117 for bridging via default_context.xml and
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/3118 for bridging via event socket.

Is this a bug in the event socket sendmsg, or do I have to do
something else to get the alert tone audible to the caller?

Ivan