[Freeswitch-users] Is there a way to enable paging?

Bill Locke blocke at ayalogic.com
Mon Jul 9 10:06:09 PDT 2007

We lift the handset on our Grandstream GXP-2000 phone and dial 350
[send]. All other Grandstream phones then ring once and then go in to
speaker/mute simultaneously, allowing us to address the entire building
from a single phone.

In asterisk, the method that allows this to happen is a conference room
is created dynamically, all SIP endpoints are invited in to it with the
parameter "Call-Info: answer-after=0", and another parameter which I'm
not sure of which puts them on mute. A predefined macro in Asterisk
addresses such problems as phones that are in use. The actual Asterisk
application we are using is simply called Page().

Thanks
Bill