[Freeswitch-users] mfcr2

janvb at caselaboratories.com janvb at caselaboratories.com
Tue Jan 30 09:22:29 PST 2007

hi,

MFC/R2 is a signaling form on the 'CAS tree' of a PRI - in this case
mostly E1. The equivalent T1 is CAS/R1. Both are actually far more in
use than you would expect, and we can start with the US, South America
and Asia where various forms still are heavily used.

As for implementing a MFC/R2 stack on FreeSwitch I would consult with
Steve because there are few around with the skills and interest to work
on this - and this signaling form has a very complex story when it comes
to the issue of variants.

Jan