[Freeswitch-users] mfcr2

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Sat Feb 3 07:23:41 PST 2007

We know Steve, we talk to him on a daily basis.  He has helped us in
several ways with this project, but there is NO CHANCE he will do
anything to change the license of spandsp or unicall.  It has been
discussed before and it will not happen.  If we make a script that
downloads gpl code and links to our project, it's probably still a gpl
violation, maybe not to the letter of it, but some folks would say so.
We have no interest in "working around" qwirks in the licenses our
friends use on their software to make them compatible.  If we use
spandsp with freeswitch, it will only be within the spirit and intention
of the license, as a stand alone app that speaks most likely
sip/udptl/rtp/t38.  We have discussed this in the past and it is still a
possibility.  As for mfcr2, I'll throw the same comment out that brian
did on pri.  If anyone has an mfcr2 stack they would like to donate, we
are more than happy to work with you to integrate it into freeswitch.

Mike