[Freeswitch-users] mod_cepstral

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sun Dec 30 15:19:49 PST 2007

Hi Josip,

Yep, that's right, but (a) I'm using Perl, not C, and (b) the strings
being sent over
the socket to FreeSWITCH are correct.

If I send <prosody rate='fast'> hello </prosody> down the socket,
Cepstral gets
given <prosody rate=fast> hello </prosody> to speak, and gets confused.
If I
send <prosody rate="fast"> hello </prosody>, then it gets what I sent
and works
fine.

switch_separate_string (in src/switch_utils.c) is the culprit - it
strips out 's.  It's
called from 202 places, according to a quick grep, so I'm kind of loath
just to
change its behaviour to do what I want...

--Dave
> Hi,
>
> maybe I'm mistaking, so if I am correct me, but ain't the " special
> character in C? (in printf, etc)
>
> That's why you have to put \ before it so that the compiler knows it's a
> acctually a char you wan't to be outputed.
>
> J.
>

>> Hi -
>>
>> Been doing some TTS.  mod_cepstral adds a 1 second pause before and
>> after each
>> utterance:
>>
>> if ((to_say = switch_mprintf("<break time=\"1000ms\"/> %s <break
>> time=\"1000ms\"/>", text)))
>>
>> which I'd suggest ought to go - if I want to add pauses, I can do so
>> myself, and 2 seconds
>> between successive utterances is a lot.
>>
>> There's another bit of weirdness which I've not yet tracked down - I'm
>> talking to FS
>> over a socket, and something seems to be stripping 's out - e.g.
>> "speak", "cepstral|$voice|<prosody rate=\"fast\"> hello </prosody>"
>> does what's expected, but
>> "speak", "cepstral|$voice|<prosody rate='fast'> hello </prosody>"
>> loses the 's somewhere down the line, and Cepstral gets a bit confused.
>>
>> --Dave

> Srdacan pozdrav,
>
> Josip Djuricic
> CTO
>
> PRIMATEL d.o.o.
> Phone: +385 1 400 19 02
> Mobile: +385 99 311 64 06
> E-mail: josip.djuricic at primatel.hr
> www: http://www.primatel.hr

David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 8692 0677  M: 07773 800623
http://www.3c.co.uk