[Freeswitch-users] localized dialplans

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixternospam at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Dec 17 17:54:34 PST 2007

I wrote a generic dialplan that can be localized via user variables and
would like people to customize it by creating variable definitions for
their respective countries/regions.

r6852 contains
SRC/scripts/contrib/trixter/dialplan
	dialplan.nanpa.xml
	dialplan.nl.xml
	localized.dialplan.xml

localized.dialplan.xml is a dialplan include
dialplan.*.xml is a localized USER DIRECTORY variable definition

To use, include localized.dialplan.xml into your dialplan.  For each
user (or global if you want) include the dialplan.*.xml appropriate for
your locality into the user variable section.

This should give you the ability to call international, domestic out of
area, local - same area, and emergency.  In the case on NANPA I have
made the emergency regexp a little looser so that all X11 services are
direct route to the provider (eg 411, 611, 911, etc).

Most of the EU/EEA countries only need to adjust the country code
variable and the local area (do not prefix 0 eg amsterdam NL is 20 not
020, London england is 20[7|8] not 020[7|8]).  This is so that ENUM
routing will work properly.

If anyone finds a situation where this does not work properly I would
appreciate it if they would let me know so that I can try to make
something better that does work universally everywhere, however I think
it should generally work most places.

I see this more for multi-national providers to allow their customers to
dial in a way they are more familiar with, giving the users easy choice
in how their profile is built, as well as end users dealing with
providers that generally have a single fixed dialplan but as a user you
want to be able to dial like you would with the PSTN.

It would be a nice touch for a provider to allow their users to dial as
though they were on the pstn without requiring the UA to do a lot of the
work, especially when the provider doesnt exactly control the UA.  This
is a feature I see missing from a great many providers on multiple
continents.
Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 516 687 5200