[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwich - Dependency modules

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 03:27:06 PST 2007

Hi all -

A bit of a FreeSWITCH success story to share.  British Telecom (BT) now
offer full IP
interconnects, which effectively allow the interconnected partner to be
a full UK telco,
with their own number ranges, etc.  There's a fairly rigorous testing
regime as part of
the interconnect process.  This has - apparently - been a bit of a
nightmare, with vendors
having to produce patches, and it's typically taken four weeks to get done.

We just did it in four days using FreeSWITCH.  I needed to create one
patch for
mod_sofia (which is incorporated in the source now) and that was it;
everything else
could be dealt with in the XML dialplan, including rewrite of caller ID for
national/international numbers, adding privacy/asserted ID SIP headers, etc.

So a big thank you to all involved!

Cheers --

Dave

--
David Knell, Director, 3C Limited
T: 020 8114 8901  F: 020 8692 0677  M: 07773 800623