[Freeswitch-users] mod_java - usage question

Damjan Jovanovic damjan at ecntelecoms.com
Mon Dec 10 22:05:28 PST 2007

X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-Information: Contact ECN Telecoms
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner: Found to be clean
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (not cached,
	score=-101.233, required 6, autolearn=not spam, ALL_TRUSTED -1.80,
	AWL 3.17, BAYES_00 -2.60, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)
X-ECN Telecoms-MailScanner-From: damjan at ecntelecoms.com

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 08:53 -0800, jonathan augenstine wrote:

>         On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 00:38 -0800, jonathan augenstine wrote:
>         > I am trying to put together a prototype app for Freeswitch
>         using the
>         > mod_java interface, I am hitting a deadend and I need some
>         guidance.
>         >
>         > What I want to do is to answer an incoming call (endpoint
>         1), play a
>         > prompt to that call, and bridge that call to another
>         endpoint
>         > (endpoint 2).  After the second endpoint (endpoint 2)
>         disconnects, I
>         > want to park that call, originate a call to another endpoint
>         (endpoint
>         > 3), play a prompt to endpoint 3, and then bridge endpoint 3
>         to a new
>         > endpoint (endpoint 4).  After endpoint 4 hangs up, I want to
>         bridge
>         > endpoint 1 and endpoint 3.  Then main issue I keep running
>         into is
>         > that in the dialplan and in mod_java, calls appear to block,
>         so that
>         > it has blocked me from a solution.
>

>         How do calls "block"? Use a remote debugger and see where it
>         happens.
>
> If I run the following code:
>

>             session = new JavaSession(sessionUuid);
>             freeswitch.console_log("notice", "STARTED!!!\n");
>             session.streamFile
> ("/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/intro.wav", 0);
>             session.execute("bridge",
> "sofia/gateway/[gatewayname]/3237773456");
>             freeswitch.console_log("notice", "COMPLETED!!!\n");
>
> I do not see the "COMPLETED!!!" console message until one of the
> callers from the "bridge" hangs up.  The
> session.execute("bridge",.....) call blocks.

session.execute() is supposed to block until the application finishes
running. I'm not sure why that's a problem, you only want to park the
call after bridge is finished.